My name is Merlin.

I’m the eldest in the family, I’m 10 years old. Mum adopted me when my sister and I fell down the chimney of a local restaurant. They later found my fur-mum and my brothers in the ceiling of the restaurant, but by that time I was living with my mum in the country.

I’m super-intelligent. When I was seven weeks old I worked out that mum got up when the radio alarm clock went off. I used to turn it on in the middle of the night so she would get up and play with me, hee hee. I also used to send blank faxes to people and answer phone calls until mum got rid of her fax machine.

I actually broke the vent on mum’s reverse cycle air conditioner trying to work out how to turn it on.

I look innocent though, don’t I?

I love baskets, and sleeping on mum’s bed, or under her duna.

My favourite pastime used to be catching mice and eating them, or leaving the leftovers on mum’s dining table for her, but then I made myself really sick eating too many, and I got some kind of disease from them. So now I’m not allowed outside. I don’t really mind, because now we have moved to the suburbs there aren’t many mice anyway.

Frodo is my favourite sibling, although I like Nefertiti too.

I love to take selfies or talk to Siri on mum’s iPhone.

I’m thinking maybe the best thing to do next, with my enormous intellect, is to take over the world, but I’ve been having a hard time getting minions. Any ideas?

About Aixie

Artist Crafter Interiors Addict Crazy Cat Lady

7 Responses to My name is Merlin.

1. Emily McCrary says:

Gorgeous cat! He has a very serious face.

• Aixie says:

He’s a very serious kind of cat! If he were human he’d probably have a Nobel prize in AstroPhysics or something. But he never laughs. Even when he plays he takes it all so seriously 😺

2. Nancy says:

What a handsome, dignified fellow! He does look as though he has world dominance on his mind. And he likes to cuddle, too! Sweet and sassy. I love the alarm clock story (she says, living in a Merlin-free zone on another continent). You have a very nice family there. Three contented cats. Nicely done.

• Aixie says:

The alarm clock thing is funny – now that it is firmly in the past!!! He still sometimes wakes me up by activating Siri on my phone. I have to remember to place it face down or somewhere he can’t stand on it!
      There is a fourth cat- her post will come later. 😉

3. jessica says:

Wow! I know this post is from a few months ago but those pillows! that comforter! Those colors! Swoon!

• Aixie says:

Haha! The cushion covers and pillowcases here were all made by me, but that duvet cover is from a UK website called Joules. Isn’t it just to die for?