It’s been nearly two years since I updated this little telephone table (see This Post )
First I had to decide whether to paint the drawer again, or strip it. I was feeling ambitious so I went with the stripping option.
With several layers of paint to get through I started with some paint stripper.
Turns out the table top and front of the drawer were topped with laminate!!!!
With the aid of a trusty screwdriver and a sharp knife I managed to get the laminate off. Of course doing this ripped chunks out of the top.
But I wasn’t giving up just yet. I decided to try and stain the wood. I mixed some water based polyurethane varnish with some brown acrylic ink, and plunged in with brush and rag …
Anyway, here it is in all its glory.