This one was inspired by a sunset and my new studio makeover.
In the same style as a previous lampshade creation:
However, this lampshade (thrifted, of course):
Was much more textured and fluffy than the previous one I painted, so it came with a whole lot of new challenges!
Acrylic paint was still the right thing to use, and I started splashes of colour.
Some vaguely leaf and flower-shaped splodges as well, then just filling in the gaps.
Then the finer gold pattern. This was much harder than the previous one on which I’d used a fine gold paint pen. That didn’t work here. I tried a bunch of different pens before settling on gold ink and a fine (ish) brush.
It worked, although next time I would definitely choose a lampshade with a smoother surface!